Medical Laser Buyers Guide
PRE-OWNED MEDICAL LASERS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU BUY
This is an overview of our full buying guide that we offer to aesthetic practitioners who are sifting through the many IPL, RF and medical lasers for sale.
Our experts will be happy to answer any preliminary questions you may have about RF, IPL and medical lasers. Call (435) 731 8232 for more information.
When buying or leasing a new or used laser, IPL or RF (LIPLRF), make sure to:
- Spend less than you had initially budgeted for
- Offer one treatment in your practice that you do extremely well
- Never buy something new, unless there is a very good business reason to do so
- Never buy a system with an expensive consumable (such as a tip or pad)
- Never prepay with a wire transfer or check
- Always get your LIPLRF installed
- Buy the right solution for you – not a medical laser the salesperson promises will do everything and treat everyone
- Avoid the “demo” medical laser
- Know who your seller is – not who Google thinks he is
- Ask for a Skype or Facetime tour of the facility you’re purchasing from if you haven’t seen it
- Reconsider a multi-parameter platform – you’re not actually saving money when it comes to system failures, the ability to treat multiple patients and customer efficacy
- Think about post-sale service options
- The manufacturer is not your best option
- Finding a good field-based technician is time consuming task
- Our repair depot is usually faster and less expensive
- Consider refurbished equipment when it comes to worn-out parts
- Be aware of the significant limitations associated with the warranty on many new systems
- Always receive training from someone who has trained hundreds of buyers
- Do a background check on your trainer
- A good trainer will teach both clinically and on patients
- Your trainer should offer to be a resource long after training is complete
- Never buy equipment from a “medical equipment broker.” Consider this:
- How can a broker have the correct de-installation process to properly prepare the LIPLRF for shipment?
- Does the broker have the right type of crating and packaging?
- Will the broker ensure that all of the accessories are obtained from the seller?
- Most importantly, how is the LIPLRF tested and repaired prior to its shipment to you? Did the broker hire an agent who has the proper training, the correct testing equipment, the necessary parts, the alignment tooling, the service manuals, etc.?
- Does the broker carry product liability insurance to protect you from their “spray and pray” business model? (“Spray with Windex and pray that it works by the time it arrives at your office.”)
- Most used systems are out of warranty, out of calibration, have had no preventative maintenance for months (or years), have not been inspected for safety or electrical issues, are not drained and often do not function to specification.
- A broker could ship a system from one location to another without first undergoing a critical refurbishment and repair process.
As you head out into the market to look at medical lasers for sale, please keep in mind that there are no capital equipment emergencies. Put simply, when you are feeling pressure to buy, don’t. Take your time and do your homework. When the timing and product is right for you, you’ll know.
We create relationships with our buyers, and invite you to experience the Oscilla Lasers difference. Call (435) 731 8232 for no obligation answers to your questions about aesthetic IPL, RF and medical lasers for sale.
This buying guide may not be reproduced without written permission of the author.